In order to understand a person and one’s problems we need to observe the environment and the experiences that helped one’s formation
Early and Personal Development
What is the early development?
The contemporary science cognitions indicate the critical importance of a child’s early experiences, especially of the emotional attachment with the caretakers during the first three years on the formation of a child’s neurological system which shall determine the way of functioning throughout one’s whole life, a person’s perception of self and surroundings, partnerships, psychological and physical health and finally the length of the life itself. Even the smallest improvement in the parenthood today can bring out huge results on a child’s development and welfare throughout the life. The parents of today with comprehension of the early development do have the opportunity to deeply understand their own child and its behavior, the fact which is remarkably improving the quality of parenting. At the same time, these cognitions are reviling to us the personal subject, “the intimate story” of which we weren’t aware, and are opening the way to a further individual formation and development.
What is an Early Developmental-Relational Trauma?
The cognition of an early relational trauma is a new paradigm which is casting a completely new light on the roots of emotional, psychological and many physical health problems and is opening a new way for a recovery. Explosiveness, “short nerves”, “bare and break state”, low sensitiveness, lack of empathy, narcissistic behavior, perfectionism, the sense of low self esteem, not to have a self, inner restlessness, the need for outer regulations (drugs, alcoholism, cigarettes, workaholic, gambling…) etc. these are representing the most common consequences of a bad early relational and emotional experiences with care takers and go under the name of Early Developmental-Relational Trauma. The most common sources of an early trauma are today’s outdated educational methods used by inertia, representing an early trauma of a parent which isn’t aware of it and which is undermining the quality parenthood. The most common ways of hurting a child feeding the development of an early trauma, apart from emotional, psychological and physical abuse, are emotional neglecting and not feeding the primary needs of a child, while they represent the key elements of one’s complete development.
What is a Personal Development?
The common problems of adults (as mentioned above) in dealing with their emotional processes and the sense of themselves can be changed. With help of a deep process work we can move forward our development status from the point where it got stuck and become more functional, and through this proces coming into the state where we would have gotten in case we have had all the necessary conditions for a complete formation. The primary condition is to admit oneself that we aren’t content with the way we function in the world and that the problem is within us, and not on the outside. Slowly, through the processing we get to know our inner world, we make order in it, and become more serene person within ourselves, more mature and functional in our surroundings.
How to deal with the consequences of an early trauma?
Regarding the fact how described issues of an adult are reflecting the consequences of “poor formation”, in a sense of an incomplete brain integrity and “a mess” in primary emotions in the deepest parts of the brain which are regulating our body, the autonomic nervous system and physiology, dealing with an early trauma demands to enter the world of the implicit physical memory, requiring Body oriented psychotherapy and work with primal emotions and impulses. Such deep process work truly changes the way autonomic nervous system operates, facilitates the continuation of emotional maturation, altering the physical organization and the wiring of the brain, the inner change soon and clearly recognized by us alone and by our surroundings.
Tomislav Kuljiš is the author of experiential, educational and transformative programs which include processing workshops, interactive and video lectures.
Parenthood and early development
The program Parenthood and Early Development is intended for all those who want to understand the formative period of a person, in order to better comprehension and meet a self, a child and others, and is especially important for parents, because the insights and cognitions can be applied by ourselves, as also with a child, in order to prevent any problem and to promote a complete formation. Read more
This program is intended for all those who are want to understand themselves and others and are ready to take their personal responsibility, their growth and start changing what needs to be changed. It demands the capability to take a look inside oneself and the courage to face our own inner world. Read more
Training for future therapist
A four year educational training program for those who want to get competences for an Early and Personal Development Facilitator or Early Development-Relational Trauma Therapist with the use of Integrative body oriented psychotherapy. Read more
As a result of a deep experiential perennial training for a therapist, further education and constant learning about the early development and ways to deal emotional and psychological problems of people, Tomislav Kuljiš has thoroughly processed this subject and dedicated his work to prevent formational problems (early trauma), dealing with the consequences of an early trauma in adulthood, as well as to promote the most contemporary knowledge in therapy through education for the Early Relational Trauma Therapist.Read more
In the recent years we are witnessing a creation of a new paradigm regarding the understanding of a person. With integration of the developmental and clinical psychology, neuroscience, psychoneuroimmunology, intrapersonal neurobiology, deep body oriented psychotherapeutic directions, as also the contemporary cognitions about the energy of a body, all these are reviling the operating relationship mind-body (subconscious mind – body).
These cognitions promoted by the leading experts and science centers, are presenting to us a new perspective in comprehending the idea on how to support the children’s growth, the roots of health problems and along with them, the prevention and treatment, the possibility of further individual growth, and the possible therapies that are demanding inner work in the parts that are far deep in our hidden parts of sub conscious and memory, and are controlling our physiology, the body, as well as deep emotional processes that precede our cognition.
This whole new principle represents the avant-garde which is slowly entering into the society’s heart. Tomislav Kuljiš has dedicated his work primarily to implement these cognitions into society as well as to further diffusion and expansion of this domain. To this end he is working on:
- Diffusing the cognitions between parents, experts and others regarding the understanding of the optimal conditions for a complete emotional, psychological, social and intellectual formation of a child, as well as the perception of the series of problems along with their causes children and adults have, through deep understanding and experiential cognition of the early development importance. To this end Parenthood and Early Development Program was formed at the Natural Parenting Center.
- Thorough transformation of the individual inner world through therapeutic, both individual and group self work which facilitates:
- triggering old painful or traumatic emotional experiences,
- developing a self consciousness, growing perception why are we exactly how we are at the moment, and what can we do about it,
- deep understanding and placement of a personal inner world of emotions, unconscious believes and programs (so called Internal working models) that are influencing our physiology, defining our self relationship and those with others (e.g. partners),
- relating with a real self, the way we truly are within, carrying out our full potential, which is leading us to live a full and meaningful life. With such a purpose Personal Development Program was formed.
- Education and training of future therapists of an Early Developmental Trauma through a minimum of four years training and education by working through personal issues. The base principle is an Integrative body oriented psychotherapy and constant integration approach of new therapeutic concepts and methods in order to obtain a constant growing competence in therapy and in dealing the consequences of an early trauma. To this end Training and education for Early Developmental Trauma therapist Program is dedicated.